Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life Lately

We have fully embraced summer around here and so the blogging has been slacking.  I hink it's better to play outside than in front of a computer anyways.  Here is life according to my iPhone for the last couple of weeks.  We've been busy having lots of adventures.


1. Stan, so tuckered out after chasing all sorts of wildlife at the cabin.
2. Fun new Craigslist purchase, a Kelty backpack to tote  lug Finner around in.  He loves it, especially the metal bar where he can put his feet.  Apparently it's a great thing to use to jump up and down on.
3. We've been roadtripping a TON!
4. Myrtle Lake sunset, nothing better!
5. Finn has also got to spend a few days with his cousins Ali and Bryson, they had a blast last weekend while Barrett and I escaped to the cabin with some friends and I think they're all pretty fond of the pool.
6. Nana and Papa (currently two of Finn's favorite words)
7. Bear and I got to get all dressed up for a wedding on one of the nicest days we've had this summer.  Cheers Brian and Jess.
8. A little tubing at the cabin, thankfully his apprehension towards the water is improving thanks to swimming lessons.
9. Critchcation 2013. We escaped for a weekend in Hinkley at Dad and Lisa's cabin with our high school friends.  It was SOOOO fun and we're already planning the winter getaway.
10.  Sweet Wally is having so much fun on the farm and he's getting so big!  Almost 80 pounds already!  We love to go visit.
11.  And this little piggy went weeeeeee weeeeee weeeee all the way home.
12.  Berries, a summer obsession in our house.
13.  Our other favorite game besides swimming in the pool and spraying the flowers, butt bombing on the couch!  Way better when you're only wearing a diaper too.
14.  It has been hot, so lots of pool time this summer!
15. Thanks to Nana for all the pretty flowers/plants.  We having expanded the garden a little more this summer.  This is the front and we have quite the pumpkin/watermelon patch growing too.
16. Also, lots of running around this place.  Barrett is in full-training mode for Twin Cities in October and I thought I'd join the party too (well at least half the party!) I registered for my first half marathon over Labor Day weekend.  I'm pretty excited and our shoes are getting a workout!
17.  Making friends with the baby turkey's at Aunt Lisa's.  Stan also tried to "make friends" with the birds on the farm.   It was a little less friendly than Finn, but a hilarious site considering they probably outweigh him by a couple of pounds!  Needless to say, he'll be spending the rest of our visits indoors until he gets that killer instinct under control.
18. Swimming Lessons!  My little man is getting so brave!  We are currently on lesson 6 of 8 and we've made lots of progress from nervous clenching and neck hugging the first day.  We even lay on our back and kick our feet!  LOVE IT!
19. I turned around and he figured out the sprayer.  He was so proud of himself and I LOVE the help!
20.  More garden expansion thanks to Nana.  I especially love that some of these plants originated in my mom's gardens.  Thanks to Nana and her "night gardening" for sneaking us a few.
21.  Dr. Sear's holistic health coaching certification is also in fullswing at our house.  I LOVE it so far and can't wait to share what I'm learning.  I'm hoping to share a few of the interesting facts here before I transition to more of a business/coaching website for the programs and services I'll be offering.  Such great material thus far!
22. He's our little training cheerleader! Hopefully his attention span holds up until the end of this season at least.  Thank you to Barrett, who does double duty and pushes this dude will we run.
23.  Just trying to be cool like his Uncle Joe!  Boogie boarding at Lake Loren.  I think we will be spending a lot of time there in the future.
24. We tried to transition to a big boy trampoline bed.  It didn't go great! We'll try again soon.
25. Because it's summer, a little, extra arm candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment